Residents are encouraged to manage their own financial affairs. For convenience, residents are able to open a trust account in the home and deposit a limited amount of funds for incidentals (hairdressing, tuck shop purchases, outings) for which a statement will be provided.

Residents may be eligible to receive funds from government sources. The following Canadian Federal Government Income Security programs may apply:

• Old Age Security Pension
• Guaranteed Income Supplement
• Allowance Program
• Allowance for the Survivor
• Canada Pension Plan

For more information call Human Resources Development Canada at 1-800-277-9914 or visit and click on "Seniors".

Veterans Affairs Canada also offers support for qualified veterans and centre civilians, as well as their spouses or dependants. For more information call 1-866¬522-2122 or visit