Through our years of service in long-term care, we have found our new residents appreciate understanding what to expect during the admission process; prior to, on the day of, and in the days following. We are pleased to provide you with some details below on the admission process to assist you with a smooth transition.
- You will be notified by your Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) Placement Coordinator that your application has been approved. Long-term care wait time information is provided for general information only. Click here to view the latest Long Term Care Waitlist Report. Be advised that wait times for admission to a long-term care home can change without notice and are not guaranteed. Please contact your LHIN Placement Coordinator for more specific information.
- You will receive a welcome call by the Home once your application has been added to the Home’s waitlist.
- Once a bed is available at one of your Home choices you will be notified by the LHIN Placement Coordinator and be given the option to accept or decline the bed offer.
- Once you have accepted the bed offer, you will be contacted by the Home to arrange a date and time prior to admission to complete all necessary paperwork. For financial information pertaining to long-term care please see the Accommodation page.
- Upon arrival at the Home on your day of admission, you will be greeted by the team. Loved ones are welcome and encouraged to join you.
- You will be assisted with bringing in your belongings, shown your new room and introduced to your roommate, if applicable.
- You will receive assistance with unpacking your clothes and having them labelled with your name.
- You will be introduced to the team. This provides an opportunity for them to get to know you, and for you and/or your loved ones to ask any questions.
- If you have not already had a tour of the Home you, and your loved ones, will be given the opportunity to do so with a team member to familiarize yourselves.
- Over the course of the next few days, you will meet with the Doctor, Programs team, Dietitian and Social Worker, along with many other team members, residents and families.
- Within six weeks of admission, you and your loved ones will be invited to attend an Interdisciplinary Care Conference. At this meeting you will meet with the Home’s Health Care Team to discuss your care.